- This event has passed.
Professional Learning Event for Teachers – The International Style of Muriel Spark
December 13, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Photograph of a class at James Gillespie’s Girls’ School, 1930s
(Spark is on the back row far left)
To mark the centenary of writer Muriel Spark’s birth in 2018, primary and Secondary teachers and school librarians are invited to come along to a professional learning event at the National Library of Scotland. The event will include:
- A guided tour of the new exhibition, ‘The International Style of Muriel Spark’ which runs until 13 May 2018
- Information about the Muriel Spark archive, and related items in the National Library of Scotland collections (Colin McIlroy, Muriel Spark Project Curator + Exhibition Curator)
- Practical advice, tips and resources for teaching Spark at Higher / Advanced Higher level (led by Cheryl Simpson and Andrew Young, St Aloysius’ College, Glasgow)
- An opportunity to find out more about the new editions of Muriel Spark’s novels, and related learning resources (Birlinn)
- Information about the Spark100 programme of events, workshops and projects
- Input from the Scottish Book Trust and the Association of Scottish Literary Studies
The event will end with a networking opportunity around drinks and festive treats.
For more information, or to book a free place, please contact Beverley Casebow at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 623 3745
Free of charge. Booking essential.
Accessibility: Wheelchair access; Wheelchair accessible toilets; Hearing / induction loop; Guide Dogs and assistance dogs are welcome.