Muriel Spark Centenary Symposium
January 31 @ 5:30 pm - February 2 @ 7:30 pmFree
passport photography, 1947
Come along to a 2-day academic symposium exploring all aspects of Spark’s writing. The event will be comprised of:
- 5 panel sessions (of 3-4 x 20 minute papers)
- 2 x 50 minute lectures
These talks will be delivered by distinguished academics from a range of national and international institutions.
In addition to this the following events will be available to all via free ticketing :
- A symposium launch event (drinks reception) on 31 January
- A screening of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
- A creative writing working organised by Zoë Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Ali Smith in conversation with Zoë Strachan on Spark
- Alan Taylor in conversation with Colin McIlroy (curator of The National Library of Scotland Spark collection).
Free event. Booking essential.
Full programme and booking on: https://murielspark2018.wordpress.com/